A few years ago, a study determined that only 64 percent of New Year’s resolutions last longer than one month.
That’s not so hot. On an academic grading scale, 64 percent is a failing grade.
We suspect the problem is the nature of the resolutions themselves.
- I am going to lose weight.
- I am going to spend less time on social media.
- I am going to call my mother once a week.
Nope. Nope. And nope (though she’d probably really appreciate it).
But, what if these were your resolutions:
- My business is going to have less downtime this year.
- I am going to find and solve potential problems before they become actual
- I am going to be a hero to my boss who will reward me with a raise.
If we’re being honest, we probably can’t promise you can accomplish the third one. But, if you accomplish the first two, our guess is that you have a decent shot at the third.
And just how are you going to do that?
With a predictive maintenance program! Make this the year your maintenance becomes more cost-effective and less driven by emergencies. From vibration analysis to infrared thermography to ultrasonic leak detection (just to name a few options), a predictive maintenance program improves safety while saving you time, money, and the tension headaches you probably get each time a machine goes down.
Make a resolution you and your company can keep. Make 2019 the year you introduce or enhance a predictive maintenance program designed to make this year your company’s best year.